Today, we (the BlogEngine.NET team) finally made our first official release of BlogEngine.NET. The first release has a whole boatload of features including:
- A nice variety of cool widgets
- A very sweet commenting system
- Great syndication support (RSS, Atom, and Feedburner)
- Support for Metaweblog API
- Trackbacks / Pingbacks
- A nice blog search
- Referrer stats
- Easy theme creation.
There is a bunch of other good stuff in there as well. Please take a moment to check it out. You can get it here.
The team put in a lot of effort to make it come together and we are very happy to finally get this release out the door. The feedback from the early adopters was also a huge key to getting the bugs fixed and helping us see what was most important for the first release. Thanks to all who tried it out and gave some feedback.
We'll need more help in future versions, but help would also be appreciated with updating the documentation and making new themes and widgets. If you are interested, head on over to the BlogEngine.NET site and get started. (I'll be working on documentation more this week as we need to get more of it filled out. Please feel free to make a wiki account and help me.)
A few cool BlogEngine.NET links to check out:
- Main BlogEngine.NET site (http://www.dotnetblogengine.net/)
- Project Road Map - A look ahead to the future releases
- Documentation - This is where you'll learn how to do whatever you'd like to do with BlogEngine.NET
- CodePlex Discussions - The place to ask and answer questions and discuss new ideas.
- Mads' Release Post - Mads Kristensen, the team leader and project creator, put together a nice post on the official release. (Yes, the man can do it all.) His post shares a little of the history of the project and the team.