I've spent a few hours the past 2 days making themes for BlogEngine.NET
Overall, the experience is a good one. There are a few things I'd like
to see changed over the coming releases to make theming easier and more
flexible, but I really can't complain.
The first one, Leaves
, is included in the existing release 1.03. It is adapted from the Leaves template at oswd.org
It is very simple as you can see, but very functional. It can be
easily modified to change the colors and add/remove sidebar items. It
has not stood the test of time however. It worked fine in the few
pages I put it through, but expect there will be areas where it will
have issues. If you decide to try out this theme and run across any
problems, please let me know by posting them on the BlogEngine.NET site
The newest one is called Indigo. It is also adapted from a template (named indigo curiously enough) at oswd.org
(I'm a fan of that site in case you hadn't figured that out.) I just
completed and posted this theme to the project. Again, it has not been
throughly tested, so if you find bugs, please let me know by posting
them on the BlogEngine.NET site.
(Note: You can click on the pictures to see a full view of them.)
course, I have an "ant" theme on my site now, but it is the most incomplete
of the 3. It needs some serious work on the sidebar and post view, not
to mention browser compatibility. (It just looks a bit different in
IE.) I'll work on cleaning that up later in the week. (It is not
included in the project at this point.)
I also made some notes
about the theming process and have more stuff floating around in my
head about it. I'll likely try to work up a more detailed post about
the process late this week.
Update: I switched my personal theme over to Indigo. There were some issues with my ant theme and I figured I'd 'dogfood' indigo until I had a chance to work on themes again. Also, I've added a zip file for the indigo theme as requested.
indigo.zip (15.68 kb)