Well, I finally moved over to a real blog engine. So far so good.
miss my home grown blog project. It really did everything I needed and
it was fun to tinker with it, but I'll admit I've gotten inspired a bit
by some of Phil Haack's recent posts (here and here) regarding
open source development. I figured moving to an open source engine
would clean up my feature to do list and free up my time to looking
into an open source project.
I've played with DasBlog
before, but it has added quite a bit since than (or at least it seems
that way). It does seem much cleaner now and was a breeze to get
setup. It also has more features than you can shake a stick at. The
development team has really done a great job with this project and I'm
thankful that I can use the software, learn from the code, and extend
it if I would ever choose to.
did look very nice as well. I had used .Text many moons ago and was
looking forward to giving SubText a good trial run, but I've been
having a speed issue with SQL access on my web hosting account and
SubText was effected as well. (I do realze that the SQL issue is
something that I'll need to address, but it will require moving to a
different web hosting provider and I didn't want to tackle that until
the end of the year.)
Anyway, if any of my vast readership has problems with the update, let me know.